Iowa Freemasonry is a personal journal of a Freemason in central Iowa. This blog documents my Masonic research interests, experiences, and reflections. Welcome!

Friday, February 10, 2012

On the road to Cedar Rapids



The Grand Lodge of Iowa A.F.&A.M. Conference on Masonic Education begins today and I will be on the road early this morning to CR. I plan to spend some time today in the greatest Masonic Library in the world before the conference opens with dinner this evening.

My new research project is the Door Lecture from the Entered Apprentice degree. I delivered my first Door Lecture as Senior Deacon last month and it seems like a fitting subject for a project. Why is the Door Lecture considered one of the most important lectures in all three degrees? What does it teach us about Freemasonry?

Check back later today for photos and an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment