Iowa Freemasonry is a personal journal of a Freemason in central Iowa. This blog documents my Masonic research interests, experiences, and reflections. Welcome!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New Knights of Saint Andrew



The Des Moines Scottish Rite’s Knights of Saint Andrew welcomed six new Knights Tuesday, Dec. 27. The knighting ceremony featured a lecture regarding the history of the organization and background information about the emblems of the KSA including the saltire, or Saint Andrew’s Cross. After the ceremony, each of the six new Knights received a lapel pin, patent, and KSA medal on a green ribbon; after holding the medal in my hand I understood why it is sometimes referred to as a “boat anchor!”

The KSA provides hospitality at the Sheppard's Tavern, helps to put on the 28th degree at reunions, serves as greeters at Scottish Rite events, and provides service to the Valley as needed. I joined so that I could get more involved with the Scottish Rite. I’ve enjoyed participating on several of the degree teams and the KSA will allow for additional service to the Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment