Iowa Freemasonry is a personal journal of a Freemason in central Iowa. This blog documents my Masonic research interests, experiences, and reflections. Welcome!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

But Mr. Miller, there are two right answers!



I mailed the second quiz for the Master Craftsman program yesterday. The quiz covered over 250 pages of reading from the Scottish Rite Ritual Monitor & Guide, Second Edition, by Arturo De Hoyos and A Bridge to Light by Rex Hutchens. I had the most trouble with this question:


In the 14th degree Perfect Elu, what is sought?


Does anyone have ideas as to the correct answer? I eliminated 3 of the 5 possible answers, but that was the problem. Two different answers both looked good and it took me awhile to choose one. I've heard that comment a lot from my students so I guess now it's my turn to experience two "right" answers!

I do like the quiz format. It’s been a great way for me to study the Scottish Rite because it presents specific questions which guide my reading. The questions on the quizzes are not in chronological order so you can’t just selectively read the material, either. I enjoy reading both books by De Hoyos and Hutchens, however, they are quite detailed. A specific reading program, like the Master Craftsman class, is a wise choice for those who want to learn more.

I’m starting the reading assignments for the third quiz. This one covers fewer than 250 pages so I’ll be slacking a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment