Iowa Freemasonry is a personal journal of a Freemason in central Iowa. This blog documents my Masonic research interests, experiences, and reflections. Welcome!

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Iowa Masonic Library: World War I Exhibit

I stopped by the Grand Lodge of Iowa's Masonic Library in Cedar Rapids the other day. There's a new exhibit that Assistant Librarian Bill Krueger told me about: Iowa Masonry and World War I. The exhibit tells about the role of Iowans in the War. The exhibit includes some WW I weapons (including a Big Bertha artillery shell!) but focuses more of masonry and Iowa masons who served. In addition, there is an exhibit of WW I posters.

I took a few pictures of the exhibit below. The exhibit will be open through June 2015 and is located on the 2nd floor.




No comments:

Post a Comment