Iowa Freemasonry is a personal journal of a Freemason in central Iowa. This blog documents my Masonic research interests, experiences, and reflections. Welcome!

Friday, June 3, 2011

A visit to Halifax Lodge #81 in Daytona Beach

I visited Halifax Lodge #81 in Daytona Beach, Florida yesterday evening. Worshipful Master John Hamblett gave me a warm welcome, as did all of the brothers of this Lodge. I was impressed with the friendliness of the members there as they made me feel truly at home in their Lodge. 

W. M. Hamblett is an energetic leader and the Lodge is involved in an extensive remodeling program of their beautiful older building. The brethren are refinishing the wood floors and restoring many parts of the lodge room. One part of the lodge room which stood out to me was a small removable section of the floor which is used during the 3rd degree. I just recently played the part of the 2nd C. in my home Lodge and I can say that resting on the brow of a hill near this shallow section of removable floor would certainly add to the impact of the drama! I remarked on this feature of their lodge room in casual conversation after the stated meeting and the brothers were kind enough to show it to me in detail.

I enjoyed my visit to Halifax Lodge #81 and I hope to visit again. My experience was more than just a nice break from my temporary job here. Freemasonry unites brothers from all walks of life and from all areas of the world into an uncommon brotherhood. The brothers of Halifax Lodge #81 exemplify this and I will never forget their expressions of friendship.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. Freemasonry is truly a Universal Brotherhood.

    ReplyDelete